MIDDLE SCHOOL ALGEBRA TEACHER – PART TIME
The School of Arts and Sciences on Thomasville Road is seeking applications for a Middle School Algebra Teacher to teach advanced math in a Digital or Site Based classroom. This position can be virtual or in person.
Applicants should be able to:
• Plan and execute synchronous, rigorous and standards based lessons
• Implement and support live (in person or via video-conferencing) instruction and assessment practices for a diverse group of students and the principles of our Charter
• Work collaboratively with a diverse group of school colleagues, parents, community members and others to support and implement the goals of the school
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree
• Current Florida Teaching Certificate (Mathematics)
• Experience teaching middle school students
• Strong classroom management
• Familiarity with the Florida Standards
• Familiarity with the Key Components of the SAS Charter (view school website)
• Experience with the MTSS/RTI process
SALARY AND BENEFITS
• Commensurate with education and experience
If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter with SAST MIDDLE SCHOOL ALGEBRA TEACHER in the subject line by November 30, 2020 to Eirin Lombardo, Principal at email@example.com.
The School of Arts and Sciences on Thomasville Road (SAST) utilizes the approved Substitute List from Leon County Schools but will also sometimes use certified teachers as substitute teachers at SAST. All substitute teachers must have an approved background check done through Leon County Schools prior to working at SAST. If you are on the LCS list or are a certified teacher (who has completed the background check) and you would like to sub at SAST, please hand deliver or email firstname.lastname@example.org a resume or flyer telling us about your experience, class preferences, and the hours and days of your availability. The typical school day is from 9:00 am – 3:40 pm. Pay is $10.00 per hour for approximately 7 hours a day.