EXTENDED DAY STAFF
The SAST Extended Day Program is hiring! If you enjoy finding creative ways to engage with students, this is a perfect opportunity to join our school family. Looking for after school staff to plan, organize, and lead students grade K-8 in after school enrichment activities. After school shift runs from 2:30-6:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Applicants must have a high school diploma, be reliable, and be able to complete a Leon County Schools background check.
If interested, contact the EDP Director, Bobby Lolley, at (850) 567-2151, or email@example.com.
Summer Camp Positions (Seasonal)
Director: Administrative and personnel oversight including but not limited to staff schedules, monitoring time sheets, complete payroll, maintaining budget relating to staff salaries and camp expenses and all parent communication. Hourly rate range $16-$20.
Coordinator: Manage day-to-day operations including staff assignments and responsibilities, curriculum planning, supply preparation, maintaining inventory of supplies and materials. Assist with management and supervision of campers. Hourly rate range $16-$20.
Counselor: Responsible for small groups of campers. Duties include monitoring lunch and snacks, overseeing transitions to and from daily activities, and facilitating and participating in group activities. The ideal candidate will be an excellent multitasker with a genuine passion for working with and empowering young people. Applicants should be patient, fun-loving and confident in their ability to motivate and assist campers in everything from learning new skills to working with new groups of students. Rate is $10-$13 per hour commensurate with experience.
If you are interested in any of the positions available, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday at 3:00pm with the position(s) for which you are applying, the weeks you are able to work, your preference for total hours, your preference for morning or afternoon shifts, and any qualifications or certifications that would be helpful.
Summer Reading Teacher (Seasonal)
The School of Arts and Sciences on Thomasville Road is seeking applications for Summer Reading Teacher(s). We are looking for certified elementary teachers for the Summer Lit Camp. Reading endorsement or working toward reading endorsement preferred. Three hours per day for the first four weeks of camp for a total of 70 hours (including 10 planning hours). Salary and staffing is reliant on number of students enrolled.
Lead and/or Associates (if necessary) should be able to:
• Communicate effectively with students, families, and colleagues.
• Maintain an organized, print-rich, and efficient classroom.
• Create a positive, achievement oriented, engaging learning environment.
• Implement literacy curricula with fidelity.
• Deliver relevant and rigorous lessons that are aligned to specific learning objectives.
• Implement collaborative co-teaching strategies.
• Use formal assessment data to inform and refine instructional practices.
• Provide frequent feedback in order to motivate and hold students to high academic standards.
• Valid FL certification (Reading endorsement a plus)
• Highly Effective Leon Leads rating
• Proven track record of high achievement in a classroom setting
• Knowledge of differentiated instructional practices and strategies
• Excellent organization and communication skills
• Commitment to the program’s goals and values
• Love and respect for SAS scholars
If interested, please contact SAST by emailing a cover letter and resume to Eirin Lombardo at email@example.com.
SUBSTITUTE BUS DRIVER
The School of Arts and Sciences on Thomasville Road is seeking applications for a substitute bus driver to be on call in case one of the regular driers cannot drive his/her scheduled route.
A school bus driver for the School of Arts and Sciences will operate a school bus under all types of weather conditions. They will safely transport students on scheduled morning and afternoon routes, and on field trips authorized by the school.
1. Safely drive a school bus on scheduled routes and/or all types of trips in support of school approved activities, both within and outside to school district boundaries.
2. Obey all traffic laws and safety regulations for school buses.
4. Perform pre-trip inspections on the bus before each route or trip as required.
5. Ensure that students board and leave the bus, and cross the street in a safe and orderly manner
6. Maintain safe student management and be consistent with discipline following the bus rules set by the school.
10. Operate all school bus equipment and accessories including fire extinguishers, highway warning kits, snow chains, sanders, first aid kits, etc.
11. Clean and service the school bus to include interior sweeping.
12. Report necessary bus repairs or damage to Transportation
Be at least 21 years of age
Level II Background Clearance performed by Leon County Schools
High school diploma or equivalent
Florida State CDL Driver’s License
Clean driving record demonstrated by a DMV report
If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter with SUBSTITUTE BUS DRIVER in the subject line to Ashley Arrington, Assistant Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The School of Arts and Sciences on Thomasville Road (SAST) utilizes the approved Substitute List from Leon County Schools but will also sometimes use certified teachers as substitute teachers at SAST. All substitute teachers must have an approved background check done through Leon County Schools prior to working at SAST. If you are on the LCS list or are a certified teacher (who has completed the background check) and you would like to sub at SAST, please bring, FAX, or email email@example.com a resume or flyer telling us about your experience, class preferences, and the hours and days of your availability. The typical school day is from 9:15 am – 3:35 pm. Pay is $10.00 per hour for approximately 7 hours a day.