PART TIME SPANISH TEACHER 10-15 HRS/WEEK
Primary responsibilities of Spanish Teacher at the School of Arts and Sciences at The Centre:
• Ability to plan and execute rigorous, teacher created, hands-on Spanish lessons that reflect the Florida World Language Standards
• Implement and support instruction and assessment practices for a diverse group of students that reflect the principles of our Charter
• Establish a strong working partnership with Special Area team and effectively utilize this relationship to develop an exceptional learning environment for students
• Engage in continuous professional development and shared learning with other professional staff
• Work collaboratively with a diverse group of school colleagues, parents, community members and others to support and implement the goals of the school
• Actively participate in faculty and other school related meetings/events
• Demonstrate a positive attitude
• Uphold professional duties including attendance, parent communication and deadlines
• Demonstrate sound classroom management and Conscious Discipline skills
• Utilize sound budgeting in determining classroom expenses
• Other duties as assigned
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree
• Experience teaching Spanish to elementary-aged students
• Strong classroom management
• Conscious Discipline Training
• Familiarity with the Key Components of the SAS Charter (view school website)
SALARY AND BENEFITS
• Commensurate with education and experience
• Eligible for benefits
If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter with SASC SPANISH TEACHER in the subject line to Lindsey Merrick, Principal at SASC@leonschools.net.
SUBSTITUTE BUS DRIVER
The School of Arts and Sciences on Thomasville Road is seeking applications for a substitute bus driver to be on call in case one of the regular driers cannot drive his/her scheduled route.
A school bus driver for the School of Arts and Sciences will operate a school bus under all types of weather conditions. They will safely transport students on scheduled morning and afternoon routes, and on field trips authorized by the school.
1. Safely drive a school bus on scheduled routes and/or all types of trips in support of school approved activities, both within and outside to school district boundaries.
2. Obey all traffic laws and safety regulations for school buses.
4. Perform pre-trip inspections on the bus before each route or trip as required.
5. Ensure that students board and leave the bus, and cross the street in a safe and orderly manner
6. Maintain safe student management and be consistent with discipline following the bus rules set by the school.
10. Operate all school bus equipment and accessories including fire extinguishers, highway warning kits, snow chains, sanders, first aid kits, etc.
11. Clean and service the school bus to include interior sweeping.
12. Report necessary bus repairs or damage to Transportation
Be at least 21 years of age
Level II Background Clearance performed by Leon County Schools
High school diploma or equivalent
Florida State CDL Driver’s License
Clean driving record demonstrated by a DMV report
If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter with SUBSTITUTE BUS DRIVER in the subject line to Ashley Arrington, Assistant Principal at email@example.com.